The “Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions” workshop helps people with chronic health conditions to better manage their symptoms and their daily life. Workshop groups meet once a week for 2½ hours, over six weeks.
The Self Management workshop will help the participant communicate effectively with their health care providers, friends and family, maintain healthy eating habits, incorporate physical activities in your daily routine and more....
We also invite friends, family and care givers to attend this workshop to understand furthermore how one can learn to self manage their chronic conditions.
This workshop is held in partnership with Living Healthy Champlain and The Orleans Cumberland CRC
This workshop is being facilitated in ENGLISH
This workshop is FREE to attend for all. Living a healthy life with chronic conditions Books and relaxation CD are also given to participants for Free.
You will also receive a certificate of completion at the end of the workshop!
GENERAL CHRONIC DISEASE WORKSHOP TOPICS:
- Differences between acute and chronic conditions
- Using the mind for symptom management
- Making Action Plans
- Difficult Emotions
- Intro to Physical Activity
- Better Breathing
- Muscle Relaxation
- Pain and Fatigue Management
- Endurance Exercise
- Healthy Eating
- Future Plans for Health Care
- Problem Solving
- Making Treatment Decisions
- Depression Management
- Positive Thinking
- Guided Imagery
- Working with your health care professional and the health care system
- Looking back and planning for the future